The Left Hand Path

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Knucklehead

The Left Hand Path

Post by Knucklehead » Mon July 18th, 2011, 7:47 pm

stewvee wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:This segues nicely into dirty stories I've heard floating around pertaining to a possible hard copy of LHP. Mr. Vee?
They've posted a tiny amount of inforrmation on the website. But more details would be nice.
Yup, we're going print. Right now this is what is on the table:

Quarterly magazine. 65 to 100 pages. Color covers (maybe) and b&w interior, possibly on newsprint ala MR&R.

Preserves same features of LHP: Reviews, Interviews, One From the Grave (re-examination of an older or unsung record)... and adds some new ones: cartoons, comix, 10 Seconds 2 Love (examination of single song), column(s), etc etc.

Aesthetically this is gonna be like CRACKED done by the METAL FORCES crew... or vice/versa. It's not going to look like anything else out there and it sure as shit won't read like it.

Interview subjects and other content are state secrets until publication.

We've added a few new writers to the stable for the website. Todd and I likely won't be writing that much for strictly web, but we aim to have it updated frequently as possible. (I plan to continue the "Atlanta is Burning" feature; a new installment is almost finished.) Don't expect some insane turnaround on copy like Metal Sucks or Invisible Oranges. But there will likely be more than one post a week.

OK, I think that's it. I'll keep y'all up to date as far as the debut goes, how you can get it, etc. Thanks for the interest.
So what's going on with all of this? The website has been pretty quiet for while, now.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue July 19th, 2011, 10:22 am

I heard that the guys in Krallice made it their personal goal to ensure this never sees the light of day.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue July 19th, 2011, 11:19 am

lol
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Thu July 21st, 2011, 10:01 am

At the printer. August release. Will be worth the wait, unless you're a fan of Krallice.
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu July 21st, 2011, 10:02 am

double lol
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Thu July 21st, 2011, 10:04 am

Speakin of LOL has Stevie talked with you R? We're planning on a DraconianCon/Spew release for the intie and he's allegedly working up photos of you guys in action....

stewvee

Re: The Left Hand Path

Post by stewvee » Thu July 21st, 2011, 10:08 am

Knucklehead wrote:So what's going on with all of this? The website has been pretty quiet for while, now.
What website? We've totally yielded to Mr Lee and his deft bangin pen re: Metallica and why "Phantom Lord" is "hard to understand."

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu July 21st, 2011, 10:35 am

stewvee wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:So what's going on with all of this? The website has been pretty quiet for while, now.
What website? We've totally yielded to Mr Lee and his deft bangin pen re: Metallica and why "Phantom Lord" is "hard to understand."
You guys are going completely print? That's a littlle subversive in this day and age, isn't it? Rock on. Where will be able to get this beast?

And I've completely been sucked in by Cosmo.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu July 21st, 2011, 10:50 am

stewvee wrote:Speakin of LOL has Stevie talked with you R? We're planning on a DraconianCon/Spew release for the intie and he's allegedly working up photos of you guys in action....
Yeah we kept going back and forth on dates to get together but everyone's schedule has been crazy lately so it's been tough. I told him if he wanted to just come out on Friday and do some pics there he could so we'll see what happens. Things should die down a little in August for us so hopefully we can get something worked out then if not Friday.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Sat July 23rd, 2011, 11:39 am

Knucklehead wrote:
stewvee wrote:
You guys are going completely print? That's a littlle subversive in this day and age, isn't it? Rock on. Where will be able to get this beast?

As far as I'm concerned, yeah, completely print. There will be reviews etc willy nilly on the site, but that's it.

I'm sure we'll spread the mag througout the usual distros, AJNA, NWN, etc. I'll have some freebies for the losers.

And "sucked" and "Cosmo" work well together.

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Sat July 23rd, 2011, 11:40 am

Ryan wrote:
stewvee wrote:Speakin of LOL has Stevie talked with you R? We're planning on a DraconianCon/Spew release for the intie and he's allegedly working up photos of you guys in action....
Yeah we kept going back and forth on dates to get together but everyone's schedule has been crazy lately so it's been tough. I told him if he wanted to just come out on Friday and do some pics there he could so we'll see what happens. Things should die down a little in August for us so hopefully we can get something worked out then if not Friday.
Hmmmm OK. I'm computerless right now so I'll be in touch as soon as I get back online. Listening to the tape a lot and IT RULES.

aaron

Post by aaron » Sat July 23rd, 2011, 12:03 pm

stewvee wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
stewvee wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, yeah, completely print. There will be reviews etc willy nilly on the site, but that's it.

I'm sure we'll spread the mag througout the usual distros, AJNA, NWN, etc. I'll have some freebies for the losers.

And "sucked" and "Cosmo" work well together.
I think he's refering to Invisible Oranges, in which case sucked and Cosmo don't go well together hah. Everything that man posts is good (well, except for the Metallica posts since I don't really give two craps about Metallica).

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Sat July 23rd, 2011, 4:46 pm

um, ok.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun July 24th, 2011, 9:22 am

stewvee wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Hmmmm OK. I'm computerless right now so I'll be in touch as soon as I get back online. Listening to the tape a lot and IT RULES.
Glad you've been enjoying it!

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed August 31st, 2011, 7:27 am

So....is this 'Chips & Beer' zine one and the same as the one you are describing here, SV?

edit: looking at the LHP site would have probably answered that question, nevermind.