Debate about DIY venues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JägerWolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grakkis wrote:
JägerWolf wrote:
Surely cannot make everyone happy here, can ya?

Yea, the Masq is no prize with pricey beers, hard ass goons, and oddball line ups. But you know what? at least they give out some shows that would never been possible. Like Kreator, Marduk, Exhumed, Amon Amarth, Pagan Fest, Scion Rock Fest, and even Crass performance. Most of the great tours I know so far are the ones who would tour nearly the entire US and yet skip GA like a neglected retarded step-child as it really is.

So, while it is bogus, let's just alittle grateful that we get at least one good thing from them. Especially hearing Spewtilator play with the nifty sound system at the D.R.I. show last May.

Oh, and as for complaints of crackheads breaking into cars: It can happen anywhere else. Even within a private residential parking garage and a gated community as it already happened.

I've been going to the masq for years.

They bring in the big nationals, despite having a few issues and some pretty debilitating acoustics.

I can't push it on them to do business differently, especially if they're making a profit..

But, There have been a few notable occasions where I wish some of their representatives and bartenders would have behaved differently.

The last unpleasant experience:

Kreator/Vader: Spending something in the ballpark of $200 in beer/liquor not including tips. Pretty much not leaving the bar.. I spend cash on hand, wasn't allowed to leave to get my card out of the car, so then I try to at least get a tap water in a cup. I'm practically bordering a heatstroke and was asked to cough up 5-8$ for TAP water from the bartender I had been forking money to all night..

I would have done things differently.

old post is old. I pretty much forgot about that now that I know the ugly truth of the masq and had me fully focused how much 585 really meant to us, the bands, and the entire metal/punk scene. I really miss that joint.

For that, I take it back from what I said about it days ago. Embarassed
SlashAndThrash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regurgitated death wrote:
Ryan wrote:

As the "promoter" and the person who booked the Despise You show at wonderroot and at least 50% of the metal shows at 585 i'll go ahead and say don't show up, you're not welcome, and you will be turned away at the door.

hahahaahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahhaah not going to happen. Magrudergrind are my boys. The guitar player is my cousin dickweed.

do you really think that helps your case, at all?
regurgitated death

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlashAndThrash wrote:

Family is family. And family is thicker than 'scene.'
Brian
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually went to the Masq tonight and it looks like they've done some renovations. The ticket booth was different, the air conditioning and fans were on, and the sound was pretty good for the first time in months. Kind of a nice change of pace.
TonyE99

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got a lot of pride dude. You should have stopped posting when people could have just scoffed and forgotten about you.
Mangled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyE99 wrote:
You've got a lot of pride dude. You should have stopped posting when people could have just scoffed and forgotten about you.
SlashAndThrash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlashAndThrash wrote:

i still don't get what you think that does for you. you think the band on tour won't play and won't get money because you don't get let in for causing trouble? are you fucking retarded?
Grakkis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlashAndThrash wrote:
SlashAndThrash wrote:

i still don't get what you think that does for you. you think the band on tour won't play and won't get money because you don't get let in for causing trouble? are you fucking retarded?

Careful dude... he knows somebody who knows somebody. This could have drastic repercussions and could possibly end in every national act boycotting Atl....... not.

If I knew I had a cousin out there making an idiot out of himself as well as myself, I would probably punch him in the dick... and subsequently punch myself in the dick for being related to him.
doubledogpaleale

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:

As the "promoter" and the person who booked the Despise You show at wonderroot and at least 50% of the metal shows at 585 i'll go ahead and say don't show up, you're not welcome, and you will be turned away at the door.

hahahaahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahhaah not going to happen. Magrudergrind are my boys. The guitar player is my cousin dickweed.

DrkLrdViper666

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG! That was Priceless & very well said, I might add! That shit just now had me ROTFL LMMFAO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
InRuinsGuitar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:

Do you know how to read? You realize Ryan, the dude who booked the show and is responsible for it, just said you will be turned away?

I actually feel bad for your cousin in Magrudergrind. Assuming you do get into the show, he is going to find out about how his stupid ass cousin is trash talking the DIY scene in Atlanta - which is undoubtedly the sole source of hope Atlanta has for metal and punk. You should just not show up and save him the embarrassment.

Also, now there's no way your identity will be kept secret. You just gave everyone who hates you enough to find out exactly who you are at the show.
SlashAndThrash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InRuinsGuitar wrote:
Ryan wrote:

You just gave everyone who hates you enough to find out exactly who you are at the show.

unfortunately his business idols from the masquerade wont be there to put a quick end to any tom-foolery that might ensue once he's found out.
Metalfreak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit I didn't log on for a couple of days and this shit exploded! Lol now it's in the toilet as requested a few pages back.

I liked 585. I only went to a few shows there but had a good time. I read all the posts on here about everything that went down around the time it closed and have talked to the dudes who ran it in person and I have to agree, it didn't close because they were horrible businessmen. That was a great venue and I miss it alot. The Archive was cool too...shortlived but damn, I had a good time there too. It was great when Wormrot pulled up on a tow truck! I don't think you'd see that anywhere else lol! Too bad the owners don't like punk or metal. As for the Masquerade, yeah the drinks are overpriced for sure so I usually don't drink anything there or if I do, I'll get a good beer because it costs just as much for the cheap beer! They bring in alot of shows we wouldn't see anywhere else so I can't complain about that. Someone mentioned some renovations, yeah I saw that too and it does look good.

It sounds like Regurgitated Death doesn't know a whole lot about running a DIY venue at all for sure. He said he's 20 and has a painting business. Kudos for that, I wasn't doing that at 20! But that's different than running a venue. I guess since he's so young and has a business already, he thinks he knows everything about running a businness. There's alot you don't know and you will figure it out as time progresses. You'll make mistakes and you'll learn from them. Not all businesses run like the Masquerade does and just because they have different practices doesn't make it a shitty business. I'm curious, have you gone to school for business administration or marketing? I know you don't need that to run a business but it definitely helps. I have a friend with a masters in international business and he makes a fuck ton of money because he knows what he's doing with his business without being a dickhead about it. Just sayin'.
grindyourheadin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regurgiated death you are a dumb fucking faggot. i hope your cousing kicks the shit out of you for being stupid. i have afamily in a band too, maybe ya heard of em, theyre called PANTERA and you dont see me bragging like a lil queer. dont come to shows you giant pussy
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy Osbourne is my dad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AtlantaMetal Forum Index :: The Toilet All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: