canopy- the dead float EP

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

slut rag

canopy- the dead float EP

Post by slut rag » Wed October 19th, 2011, 1:10 am

my band recently recorded a demo. take a gander at the link if you are bored.

http://canopy1.bandcamp.com/

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Wed October 19th, 2011, 9:54 am

I dig this shit. 400 stars.

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Wed October 19th, 2011, 12:50 pm

thanks dude!

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Thu October 20th, 2011, 7:51 am

I like it dude, very different and fresh, almost sounds like you need Maynard doin some vocals on this

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Thu October 20th, 2011, 8:47 am

everyone is saying they can hear maynard singing on these songs which i find funny. i like tool/a perfect circle but for some reason that is the last kind of vocalist i'd want.i don't know what i would want for vocals, honestly. maybe that's why we are still instrumental.

thanks for checking out the songs out though. we are always down to play a show with sorrowful end if its possible. i emailed a few venues yesterday...if they respond, can i mention yall? most venues seem more receptive when several bands are down to play a date.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu October 20th, 2011, 9:07 am

finally rememberd to bring my headphones to work so i'll be checking this out shortly
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Thu October 20th, 2011, 9:13 am

NEAT!

warning: its not all that heavy....listen at your own risk!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu October 20th, 2011, 10:49 am

Man... really digging this. I like the broad range of influences and dynamics. Very well done.

As far as vocals... i'd say keep them to a minimum and let the music speak for itself. Stylistically I think a combination of Baroness-esque bellows, high pitched shrieks ala Rwake, and maybe even some guttural stuff here and there would sound rad.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Odinson666

Post by Odinson666 » Thu October 20th, 2011, 3:34 pm

good stuff as always man, where did you guys record it ?

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Fri October 21st, 2011, 8:17 am

ryan, i think i completely agree with you about how the vocals should be (if there were any). i like all those bands a lot so that would be spot on with what i would want. find someone like that for us, please?! haha

odinson, thanks man... we recorded at energy sound studios in mcdonough. we chose it because it was close to our practice spot and the website looked legit enough. it was a good experience though i wish we had more time but for getting everything tracked in 3 days (which is enough time, i guess), it sounds good enough.

this is worth mentioning. we do need a bass player. i recorded all the bass on the recordings but in actuality, without an actual bass player, we probably won't sound this beefy live. if anyone is interested, please let me know. private message me if you have to. it really seems impossible to find bass players these days. at least one who'd want to travel to us.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Fri October 21st, 2011, 8:46 am

Mr. rag,
I dig these tunes a whole bunch. nice work.

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Sun October 23rd, 2011, 9:43 pm

slut rag wrote: thanks for checking out the songs out though. we are always down to play a show with sorrowful end if its possible. i emailed a few venues yesterday...if they respond, can i mention yall? most venues seem more receptive when several bands are down to play a date.
Of course man, we'd love to play a show with you guys, I think we would fit a cool bill dude. Let us know dude, we've pretty much are open to any show!!! If i can find a venue for us to do it at sooner I let you know too dude.

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Mon October 24th, 2011, 8:23 am

the drunken unicorn emailed me back and asked if i had any ideas as for planning a show. haven't responded yet but ill get sorrowful end on it if i can. what would be a good day that yall could definitely play a show? weekend days, maybe? any ideas for another band?

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Thu October 27th, 2011, 11:50 am

slut rag wrote:the drunken unicorn emailed me back and asked if i had any ideas as for planning a show. haven't responded yet but ill get sorrowful end on it if i can. what would be a good day that yall could definitely play a show? weekend days, maybe? any ideas for another band?
Weekends are easier for us for sure...Schedules have changed so a weeknight might be even possible now. So many good bands around man..sure we could grab up another band. Let us know...would be a good one.

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Sun October 30th, 2011, 12:15 pm

for all you I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS, finally got around to making one:

http://www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/pages/Canopy/28 ... 4879526524

also, if anyone wants to set up a show with us and sorrowful end at the drunken unicorn sometime in december, please let me know.