Welcome to Atlanta Metal!

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Tue June 29th, 2004, 2:23 pm

Hello all! \m/ It's Fn Dan from WREKage. We're proud to present these forums to you in an effort to make Atlanta a city for metal! Feel free everyone to introduce yourselfs and make the community a closer place!

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue June 29th, 2004, 4:40 pm

You can all thank Bob for neglecting his parental duties to get these forums up and running for you guys.

Enjoy!

BoB

Post by BoB » Tue June 29th, 2004, 9:14 pm

and also thanks to Blaze from the Atlanta Metal forum for joining forces. I'm looking forward to the AtlMetal folks migrating over and hopefully adding in some new people from the WREKage listening part of the world.

As I neglect my son by adding new site features, Blaze can administer the forums and neglect his fiance (congrats btw!), and Greg & Dan can neglect their education by keeping the music collection in shape and the show going on. All in the name of metal and all somehow worthwhile...

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed June 30th, 2004, 10:31 am

Yeah I like this better way better than the pop up clogged atl metal.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Thu July 1st, 2004, 4:37 am

This is a great idea. Was it yours, Bob?

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu July 1st, 2004, 8:53 am

Wolfen- Good to see you man!

well, I was wanting to add the ability to track comments w/ content on the site (news, reviews, etc). Using a message board seemed like a pretty lazy implementation so I started farting around w/ this. I didn't want to do a general forum because AtlMetal was already around, but recently the Atl Metal forum's free trial license expired and started bombarding users w/ popup ads - their donation coffer still stands at $0.00 so I offered to merge. Blaze liked the idea and here we are.

Eventually I'll integrate the main site and the forums to achieve my original goal. <insert evil laughter>

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu July 1st, 2004, 9:13 am

Oh wow, it's Darkwolfen, provider of like half of our playlist each week! :P

Good to see you and everyone else joining up here.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Thu July 1st, 2004, 1:20 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Jul 1 2004, 09:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg &#064; Jul 1 2004, 09:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Oh wow, it's Darkwolfen, provider of like half of our playlist each week!&nbsp; :P
Good to see you and everyone else joining up here. [/quote]

That's right, and I have already sent in my requests for this week too. :lol: The Down you played sounded really good last week, but since Dan is back most of my requests went to him.

Take it easy.

VibrationsOfDoom

Post by VibrationsOfDoom » Thu July 1st, 2004, 6:20 pm

Heya all, well, you probably know me from running my mouth on WREKage from time to time, I do the world's oldest and longest running internet based music magazine Vibrations of Doom, which yiou can check out here:

<a href='http://vibrationsofdoom.com' target='_blank'>http://vibrationsofdoom.com</a>

Um, I was in Hallows Eve also for a short time, and am planning on putting my own band together soon, Broken Trinity....

Guess that's all there is to say!

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu July 1st, 2004, 10:22 pm

I just wanted to add that the Vibrations of Doom website has a kickass archive of hundreds of old metal albums in real media format that you could literally spend hours with if you haven't been by there yet.

Thanks for putting all that up there for people to listen to, that must have taken forever.

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu July 1st, 2004, 11:19 pm

I second that. The VOD vintage archive kicks ass!

VibrationsOfDoom

Post by VibrationsOfDoom » Fri July 2nd, 2004, 8:01 pm

Wow, thanks a lot for the kind words guys... Yeah, sometimes it takes a while to get all that stuff up there, but I have a format I use now so it doesn't take as long... I have the 39th issue coming out hopefully within the next week or two... See you guys at WREKage...

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun July 4th, 2004, 2:00 pm

this place is looking great! i'm excited to join forces and take out all the pop-ups that plaqued atl metal!

i just posted the merger up at the old atl metal forums so hopefully everyone from over there will make it over here!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon July 5th, 2004, 4:09 am

What up, doggz? This is mucho better than the infested old board.

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Tue July 6th, 2004, 9:21 am

eh...

hi :ph34r: