The Band "Unblessed"

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

genefreak23

The Band "Unblessed"

Post by genefreak23 » Mon April 4th, 2005, 3:09 pm

I have heard there is a band called UNBLESSED around before.....does anyone know anything about them, or their level of popularity? My bass player wants to name our band Unblessed, and I am wondering if it is such a good idea being that it is less than original as far as names go.......would hate to get sued over it too.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon April 4th, 2005, 5:09 pm

I think they MIGHT be still together, although very inactive for the last 3 years or so. Their demos got around a bit, I think, so they were a bit beyond garage band status.

God of Brutality

Post by God of Brutality » Mon April 4th, 2005, 5:20 pm

from my understanding---Thomas(vox and guitar) moved away. I would not use the name because not only was there already a band named that, they were from atlanta and you want to use the name. If you decide to use the name go ahead and steal the logo also, if you go to deathgasm they have some unblessed shirts so you could even save time on having to get shirts made....Im sure Evan will cut you a deal because they have alot of them.

I would try coming up with a different name maybe something that starts with a d or has a # in it....

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Tue April 5th, 2005, 12:28 pm

everything god of brutality said plus the fact that UNBLESSED was pretty friggin good! especially for starting out at the age of 14 or 15 and slaying most local bands that were around at the time.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue April 5th, 2005, 4:05 pm

Yeah, if you go with Unblessed everyone will think you guys are Thomas, Andrew and the other old members.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue April 5th, 2005, 5:16 pm

This post is making me miss the days where you could see 4 local death metal bands on the same show. :cry:

Unfortunatley I missed most of those days, but at least I got to see Narcolepsy a couple of times.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Thu April 7th, 2005, 3:07 am

BlazeTSU wrote:everything god of brutality said plus the fact that UNBLESSED was pretty friggin good! especially for starting out at the age of 14 or 15 and slaying most local bands that were around at the time.
Haha, yep! They used to come down to WREKage to promote their shows or CDs, and their moms had to drive 'em down!

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon April 11th, 2005, 9:19 pm

I know how that is. Iv heard their demo and I really liked it, but I never saw them live.