fielding requests

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed July 14th, 2004, 12:51 pm

Just a heads up to all our listeners that our cabinet is now alphabetized and in order, so it will be much easier for us to find requests you make.

...that still doesn't mean we'll get to every one or play them all, but it will be much easier for us to find stuff, whereas before it would take a lot of digging looking for the right album. If you didn't know, we now have a database up of all the CD's and Vinyl we have in the cabinet on the main webpage at <a href='http://www.wrekage.org/catalog.php' target='_blank'>http://www.wrekage.org/catalog.php</a>, so you can look through there to see if we have what you want to hear.

Note that our hosts' own personal collections aren't in there (yet), so we have a lot more available than what's listed.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Thu July 15th, 2004, 4:15 am

I have a question, the catalog said that the station has, My Dying Bride's Angel and the Dark River/Live at Dynamo. I asked Paul a few weeks ago about the album, and he said that the station didn't have it. I wanted to make a dedication with one of the songs on it, but he said I would have to make a copy of the cd because the station was without it. So what's the story? Can I request something off of the album?

Take it easy. :m3t4l:

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu July 15th, 2004, 7:51 am

If it's listed on the database then we have it at the studio. There may be a slight chance the case it's in is empty since we didn't check them all in the interest of time (and sheer boredom) but we should have 99% of what's listed.

If we said we didn't have something that's listed before, it's because we couldn't find it in digging through over 1,500 unorganized cd's while trying to do the other stuff we do on the show. We should be able to find everything with no problem now, so request away if you see it in the database.

We still reserve the right to not play something if we don't want to, but I'd say we've been doing a good job of getting requests out lately.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu July 15th, 2004, 2:24 pm

People used to ask for stuff, and it was nearly impossible to find it. I'm glad that the cabinet is somewhat straightened out.

bid

Post by bid » Thu July 15th, 2004, 3:32 pm

I'm happy that at least the days of "I think we have it but I dunno for sure. I'll play it if I find it." are over now.
bidyut

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu July 15th, 2004, 4:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bid+Jul 15 2004, 04:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bid &#064; Jul 15 2004, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'm happy that at least the days of "I think we have it but I dunno for sure. I'll play it if I find it." are over now. [/quote]
As am I. I hated taking a request telling someone we'd play something knowing damn well we had the album but not being able to find it. Just off the top of my head I can think of telling people we'd play Bathory, Mercyful Fate, Origin, and Grave for them, all albums we have, but not being able to find them those particular nights.

Too bad we'll only have the old cabinet for two more fridays... we're getting actual shelf space in the new studio. We'll have to ceremoniously blow it up on the last show or something.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu July 15th, 2004, 10:53 pm

The new shelf space HAS to have that autographed Heavy Metal Van Hammer picture on it somewhere :b4ldm3t4l:

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu July 15th, 2004, 10:59 pm

yeah, especially the one from when he was in the studio at about 3:30, f'ed up out of his gourd, and authographed it "dawn, keep the car" :sm0k3:

bid

Post by bid » Fri July 16th, 2004, 8:29 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bob+Jul 15 2004, 11:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob @ Jul 15 2004, 11:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> yeah, especially the one from when he was in the studio at about 3:30, f'ed up out of his gourd, and authographed it "dawn, keep the car" :sm0k3: [/quote]
*LOL*
bidyut

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri July 16th, 2004, 9:52 am

btw: no one asked for an autograph and no one knew who Dawn was... ahh, the good ol days when pro wrestlers would stop by just to hang out...

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Fri July 16th, 2004, 7:09 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bob+Jul 16 2004, 09:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob @ Jul 16 2004, 09:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> btw: no one asked for an autograph and no one knew who Dawn was... ahh, the good ol days when pro wrestlers would stop by just to hang out... [/quote]
Instead of just growing muscles and find each other more attractive than the potential chicks they could get with their pecs. :t01l3t: :lol:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat July 17th, 2004, 9:47 am

That guy came to my high school, and said a bunch of stuff that made no sense. I remember laughing at him so hard that I almost fell out of the bleachers. :wh4cky:

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Tue July 20th, 2004, 12:44 pm

About fielding requests, how this is a new word for what Bob always called, "Tweaking." Which "fielding" sounds much more professional than the tweak. I have to say I have requested alot of songs, the first one to be "tweaked" was Testament's Return to Serenity. Its a song about a mental world as a safe with a door on it, to come and be sane. The meaning is great, but I admit the pace is slow, but so is alot of things played sometimes. But this song got tweaked back in the day, which started this whole damn weekly thing. But I am still looking forward to actually hearing this song one day. :b0unc3y:

But you realistically looking back at Bob's playlist, I can see its not really his style. Being the master of thrash and trad metal, I see things with clarity now, Bob. But don't get too sentimental, I only have one thing to say... ;)

TWEAK THIS ASSHOLE! :lol: :ch33rs:

BoB

Post by BoB » Tue July 20th, 2004, 2:29 pm

TWEAK THIS ASSHOLE!
To which I have to say:
Go Fuck Yourself! :D :ch33rs: :b0unc3y:

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Tue July 20th, 2004, 3:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bob+Jul 20 2004, 02:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob @ Jul 20 2004, 02:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
TWEAK THIS ASSHOLE!
To which I have to say:
Go Fuck Yourself! :D :ch33rs: :b0unc3y: [/quote]
:lol: :lol: :P