July 27th - Metal Show! Bands needed

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Matt

July 27th - Metal Show! Bands needed

Post by Matt » Mon May 2nd, 2005, 11:19 am

July 27th - Magrudergrind / Withered. Me and Alex from Deathgasm records are looking to find a couple more good death metal bands that will fit on this show or help the draw of this show. Its at swayzes now, it got moved from Drunken Unicorn. I need some bigger bands that will help the draw. Whether they be grind, black, death, or any kind of metal, just no hardcore or metalcore. Anyone know any bands let me know!

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon May 2nd, 2005, 2:46 pm

I'd like to play with Magrudergrind, so I guess we could do it if you can't find anybody else. Unless something gets booked sooner (Which I doubt), it'll be our first GA show (well..playing our own material :wink: ) since August.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 3rd, 2005, 10:32 am

Will, you guys can definitely play. Just talk with Alex. It will hopefully be magrudergrind, withered, and maybe 1 or 2 bigger bands. So if you have anyone else in mind that you think will be good on that show and will help the draw let me know. But AD can definitely play that show. I heard a couple of the new songs up on the web site and they are great.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Tue May 3rd, 2005, 7:37 pm

If you need some more locals we could play, Ill give you our new demo next time I see you, We are going to try and put it up on the Purevolume site soon. A couple origionals and "Foul Body Autopsy" Necrophagist cover. Let me know if your interested or if we are elligible.

The AIM is "TheVertigoCorner" if you want to get in touch.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Tue May 3rd, 2005, 11:20 pm

the souls unrest could play.......i've put together a new line-up and we could get things ready by then

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 4th, 2005, 10:21 am

BlazeTSU wrote:the souls unrest could play.......i've put together a new line-up and we could get things ready by then
Dude hell yeah. I really enjoyed what the souls unrest did. I only saw you guys about 3 times. But if you guys want to play you are definitely on. :D

p.s. hey blaze, whatever to the long lost split with Signs of Dying? I have all three Signs of Dying songs on my computer, but i am not sure if i have any TSU songs aside from Rising. I have about 4-5 TSU songs on my computer, but Im not sure which ones were supposed to be on the split with SOD.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed May 4th, 2005, 2:57 pm

first off.......i'm glad you were into the souls unrest and thanks for supporting us when we were doing our thing.

the songs that were going to be on the split were "rising", "freedom" and "a deadly poison". those were the three songs that the full line-up of the souls unrest recorded in '03. lee(drummer) and i recorded four more a year later after josh and melanie quit the band.

as far as that split goes, i doubt it will ever happen. everything was just bad timing. SOD recorded those songs and then broke up, which really took down everyones moral about getting the split together. all of us still wanted to do it but it started to seem pointless b/c one of the things we were looking forward to was having a big release party and going on the road together. if SOD will get those songs mastered and mixed to the level our recording is(their recording was clear but paper thin, needs to be thickened up to sound right next to the TSU songs) then i'd love to put it out.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 4th, 2005, 4:04 pm

hey blaze,
i have 4 TSU songs on my comp. Rising, Freedom, BK, and Unibrow. I want to hear a deadly poison. Im sure ive heard it live. Either way this is great! I cant wait to see you guys again! :D

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed May 4th, 2005, 10:13 pm

i could e-mail you "a deadly poison" if you'd like.....or send it over AIM

AIM = tsuthunderbolt

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed May 4th, 2005, 10:36 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:i could e-mail you "a deadly poison" if you'd like.....or send it over AIM

AIM = tsuthunderbolt
email it to me and I'll post it on the site for anyone to download.

mhate

We would like to play

Post by mhate » Thu May 5th, 2005, 9:08 am

Our band Sciatica can play. I know you've never heard of us, but we're from north alabama. Blaze knows me and can hopefully vouch that my band won't disappoint. We have 2 full songs(rough quality) on purevolume at:
http://www.purevolume.com/sciaticaal

and some sound clips, pics, bio, etc... at:
http://www.myspace.com/sciatica666

We're not death metal, but we're definitely not a hardcore band, or a metalcore band. We just play unique metal w/female and male vocals. We're also looking for a show around the 18th or 19th of August. cause we're doing a small mini-tour and are gonna be coming through the atlanat area around that time. anybody can help that'd be great. Thanks