The Souls Unrest....

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Wed March 29th, 2006, 1:42 am

BlazeTSU wrote:The Souls Unrest cd is available now! its all the previously recorded demo stuff. but with full production.
Ooh, I forgot about this and now I am EXCITEDDDDDD.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Wed March 29th, 2006, 9:28 am

BlazeTSU wrote:
ProstheticHead12 wrote:Please send WUOG a copy.
alright........is the address posted on the website?
yes

WUOG
153 Tate Center
Athens, GA
c/o Greg or Syndication Director
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed March 29th, 2006, 4:08 pm

ooo I'm interested too! I've seen ya guys twice before...I think it was twice...anyway, you can always send us a copy too! 8)
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri July 21st, 2006, 12:40 am

heres a pretty good review of the disc from www.gaspetc.com .......
Here is a nice surprise: a seemless amalgam of various crushing styles of heavy music. It's difficult to liken The Soul's Unrest to any single metallic subgenre, although this 7-song/26-minute offering comprised of the band's 2 demos contains plenty to sink your teeth into: crushing, disjointed mid-paced and fast riffs (technical but strangely memorable), savage, surly, decipherable vocals, occasional blast beats and judicious use of shifting dynamics and time signatures.

Chops-heavy, progressive elements abound ? in this case, strangely, adding to the overall pummeling nature of the music. Although TSU is not straight-up thrash, I'll mention that two recognizable moments of influence I can cite after a number of listens are some Destruction-isms in "Thunderbolt" (maybe even close to Morgoth's ?Body Count?) and the following track, "Though I Fall" ? though this is not a complaint. Sonics are surprisingly full for "demo" recordings, which really helps push this release over the top. The overall guitar sound is warm and not unlike a thicker Destruction.

It's great listen; and if there is any justice in the world, this band will receive some recognition. I can't wait to hear the newer material the band says it's been writing; hopefully a full-length is not far behind this.

B+ -Mark Fields

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri July 21st, 2006, 12:44 am

and i'll get some of the cd's shipped out to LFR and WNGTI soon. you'll have to forgive me for my procrastination as i've had quite a bit of things on my mind the past few months.