Burial Rites

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sat July 17th, 2004, 12:14 am

I just listened to some of their demo, i didnt get to listen to it when i first got it, a friend of mine took it. But i just listened to some of it and its fucking AWESOME. I always thought they were awesome live but this demo is just damn amazing.

BoB

Post by BoB » Sat July 17th, 2004, 12:33 pm

same here - I never heard/saw it until one day I opened the WREKage cabinet and it fell to the floor. Gave it a listen and "wow!" Really awesome recording!

How bout a clean version so we can play the rest of the songs on air? :m1c:

bid

Post by bid » Sat July 17th, 2004, 9:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bob+Jul 17 2004, 01:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob @ Jul 17 2004, 01:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> same here - I never heard/saw it until one day I opened the WREKage cabinet and it fell to the floor. Gave it a listen and "wow!" Really awesome recording!

How bout a clean version so we can play the rest of the songs on air? :m1c: [/quote]
Or if you feel brave enough.. you can censor it live :P
bidyut

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Sat July 17th, 2004, 10:15 pm

Definitely one of the better bands around the area..plus Dan is Teh Sex0r!!!111 :wh4cky:

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon July 19th, 2004, 10:10 am

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words. However if you haven't heard yet, our drummer is moving out of state in August, so Utter Destruction will be our last show with him, and the last one for a good while as we search for a replacement. Please help us make that show our biggest one yet!

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Tue July 20th, 2004, 1:51 am

Get Ralph from Signs of Dying, i hear he's not doing to much these days haha.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue July 20th, 2004, 8:48 pm

Your drummer is moving? that sucks! I'll definitely be there for the Utter Destruction Fest!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri July 23rd, 2004, 2:46 pm

Hey everyone, we'll be recording our 2nd demo at Hairy Breakfast Studios this weekend! It will be ready and available at the fest!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue July 27th, 2004, 4:20 pm

awesome! I have the first demo!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

BurialRitesRawkStar

Post by BurialRitesRawkStar » Thu September 30th, 2004, 3:37 pm

Burial Rites update:
We have restaffed the band and will hopefully be back out playing by October. Taking over drumming duties for the group is Corey Long (ex Icepick/Lilitu). Filling in as second guitarist is Eyal Levi (Daath/Hairy Breakfast Productions). We have been practicing with these new members and everything sounds great. We would like to thank Dan and Justin for the time they put into this group and wish them the best with their future projects. Be sure to check out <a href='http://www.burialrites.net' target='_blank'>www.burialrites.net</a> for current news and show updates. Thank you. &#092;m/ :m3t4l:

Joey/ Burial Rites

BurialRitesRawkStar

We finally have a drummer!

Post by BurialRitesRawkStar » Fri April 29th, 2005, 5:02 pm

Well after quite a few months of down time due to our lack of drummer, we have finally filled the void that was left by Justin! We would like to welcome our new drummer Danny to the group. We have had a few practices with him so far and everything sounds incredible! Look for us to be playing out again by June. Check out our website for more info and updates.

Joey/ Burial Rites

holly
WREKage Staff

Re: We finally have a drummer!

Post by holly » Fri April 29th, 2005, 5:07 pm

BurialRitesRawkStar wrote:Well after quite a few months of down time due to our lack of drummer, we have finally filled the void that was left by Justin! We would like to welcome our new drummer Danny to the group. We have had a few practices with him so far and everything sounds incredible! Look for us to be playing out again by June. Check out our website for more info and updates.

Joey/ Burial Rites
WHOA SWEET.

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri April 29th, 2005, 8:55 pm

That's very cool news!
I was just checking your site yesterday to see what was going on w/ the band...

Strangler

Re: We finally have a drummer!

Post by Strangler » Sun May 8th, 2005, 10:47 am

BurialRitesRawkStar wrote:Well after quite a few months of down time due to our lack of drummer, we have finally filled the void that was left by Justin! We would like to welcome our new drummer Danny to the group. We have had a few practices with him so far and everything sounds incredible! Look for us to be playing out again by June. Check out our website for more info and updates.

Joey/ Burial Rites
Congrats. Can't wait to see B.R. live again.

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Wed July 13th, 2005, 8:57 pm

Hey hey hey everybody needs to come to Level show this saturday on july the 16. Burial Rites is gonna be tearin it up with the Level boy's cd release so be there!