shows/fests you're attending outside of Atlanta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elatihc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had been planning to visit a friend for a while in Detroit..Things have fallen into place nicely for next week-end. Being the bastard I am, I also timed it perfectly to catch MegaDave again after almost 8 years.
This time instead of some bullshit opening acts I will also get some quality with Metal Church, Suicidal Tendencies and Amon Amarth on the bill.

Not sure of the venue though - seems like the ice hockey arena in DTW
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude.

That's the fucking Joe Louis Arena -- a bit of Detroit history. I don't think I ever saw a show there, but I did see Metallica at Cobo Hall, which is across the street, in '89.

I would expect the area to be pretty, er ... quiet. As in, not much going on. You could park and take the People Mover to Greektown for a meal. Or not. But there probably isn't going to be much going on in that area of town.
elatihc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have to get back to Ann Arbor later where my friend lives..so I heard the area wasn't exactly inviting.. Yes its the Joe Louis Arena - I meant I've not been to concert in such a large indoor arena/venue so not sure what to expect sound or crowd wise.

I assume you lived in the area? This will be my first time up in the Midwest.
elatihc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got screwed over by Hurricane Matthew without being anywhere near it.
Spirit flies from Orlando so my flight got cancelled, stuck in ATL now - wasted 60$ on the Megadeth ticket....
could have gone to Slayer/Anthrax instead Mad
Diana

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elatihc wrote:
I got screwed over by Hurricane Matthew without being anywhere near it.
Spirit flies from Orlando so my flight got cancelled, stuck in ATL now - wasted 60$ on the Megadeth ticket....
could have gone to Slayer/Anthrax instead Mad

Oh man, that BLOWS. I pray to the Dark Lord the next hurricane does not arrive when I'm trying to leave for Prague. Evil or Very Mad Lucifer, give me ONE MONTH. PLEASE. Crying or Very sad
Brian
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norwegian Air's started flying out of Fort Lauderdale, can get some ridiculously low fares, $350 rt nonstop to Oslo. You can usually get $100-$150 from here to FLL, making it sub $500 to Norway.

Anyone on board for Beyond the Gates? A DMDS Mayhem set, Vikingligr Veldi Enslaved set, Exciter, Ruins of Beverast, Revenge, Negative Plane, Dark Sonority, Mgla, Vemod, Cult of Fire, and more to come.
Brian
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to KLM, an intercarrier flight competition, and $450, Beyond the Gates is happening for me Very Happy
MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
Thanks to KLM, an intercarrier flight competition, and $450, Beyond the Gates is happening for me Very Happy

$450 round trip?! Atlanta to Bergen?
Thrashmania

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enslaved playing not-progressive stuff?! Shocked

Edit: I'm completely unable to find anything remotely close to that, from FLL or Atlanta to Oslo or Bergen. $450 is a steal--please inform me, because that's way cheaper than any of the other options we were looking at for Europe this coming year.
Metalfreak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone on here going to 70,000 tons? I know Cody, Jephi, Paul & Emily are. anyone else I'll be partying with?
Thrashmania

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up Early Bird tickets for Shadow Woods, limited to 100 tickets, then price jumps.

http://shadowwoodsmetalfest2017.bpt.me/
elatihc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overkill and Nile next week in SAT, TX....it's kind of a sad metal scene compared to ATL (which I didn't expect ) so far.. but I'm getting pumped for this..hopefully no spanner in the works.
MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elatihc wrote:
Overkill and Nile next week in SAT, TX....it's kind of a sad metal scene compared to ATL (which I didn't expect ) so far.. but I'm getting pumped for this..hopefully no spanner in the works.

Man, I haven't been there in a few years, but I always thought San Antonio ruled. One of my favorite cities anywhere. Small scene for sure and maybe in the trough of the inevitable activity wave, but I've always really enjoyed myself there and felt like the city had a real long heavy metal history. I know St Mary's is a little bit lame these days (White Rabbit over Paper Tiger any day), but the Korova still kicks major ass and Backstage Live (or whatever the hell name it has this week) is steady as she goes. And I've always been fucking amazed at what I could dig up at Hog Wild Records. Puts any Atlanta record store to shame when it comes to metal. Never left that place without a huge sack of loot and some bodacious tales of Texas hessian aggression that makes Austin, Dallas, and maybe even El Paso just not that cool.
elatihc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been to a few local shows at Bond's bar and Zombies but - what sucks most is the fucking tables everywhere...people sit at the tables drinking while the pit or front is empty..I am not that young anymore but I was like the only guy in front headbanging ...felt weird that's all.
As you said the Backstage thing is now Alamo City hall where this show will be ..hopefully that's a better one in all respects.
MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you live there? I didn't catch that actually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AtlantaMetal Forum Index :: Concerts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: