WREKage format

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

BoB

Post by BoB » Tue June 29th, 2004, 9:51 pm

Just curious about people's preferences for the show format. What would WREKage sound like in your perfect world?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed June 30th, 2004, 11:07 am

I could not stand a weekly genre, I like black metal but I could not stand more than a hour or two of straight listening to it same with grind, death.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed June 30th, 2004, 11:51 am

<!--QuoteBegin-dumpnoodle+Jun 30 2004, 12:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dumpnoodle &#064; Jun 30 2004, 12:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I like black metal but I could not stand more than a hour or two of straight listening to it same with grind, death.[/quote]
Agreed.

Another vote for diversity.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Thu July 1st, 2004, 5:35 am

Yeah I agree, the show that has alot of Tim's death metal on it, I lose interest. The best host I have seen of the people I have gotten into are, Paul, Fn Dan & Greg. Bob played alot of good stuff when he wasn't the family man. :D For diversity, Paul has the biggest playlist, from power metal, to progressive, to gothic metal, doom metal, & he does play some black metal. The best hosts, are the ones that play something you hate and then follow it up with something that you love. So in short, yeah less death and grindcore.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu July 1st, 2004, 12:28 pm

I never hear death or grind every time I tune in I hear like iced earth and nevermore.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu July 1st, 2004, 12:41 pm

This is one of the reasons I want to get some statistics out of our database. I want to see, definitively, what we've actually been playing. As I've said before, we probably play a lot of stuff more than we realize, and we play a lot of stuff considerably less than we realize.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu July 1st, 2004, 1:03 pm

yea thats cool

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu July 1st, 2004, 1:11 pm

you can do basic searching of the playlists on the <a href='http://www.wrekage.org/playlistArchives.php' target='_blank'>playlist archive</a> page. tho more detailed reports will eventually appear...
I never hear death or grind every time I tune in I hear like iced earth and nevermore.
yeah but how many painful, consecutive years have I tuned in to hear only grind and death.... keep listening - it's still in there. I think the more diverse format will pull in more people overall and not really piss anybody off, whereas a more limited or even blocked format will piss people off.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu July 1st, 2004, 1:17 pm

I'll be honest, I can stomach a song here and there of grind, but it's not something I can listen to 30 minutes to an hour straight of. Of course, there are people that would say the same thing about power metal and a lot of the stuff I play. Hence, that's why we would prefer a diverse format, in an effort not to alienate people and attract new listeners.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu July 1st, 2004, 1:21 pm

We still play a lot of death metal and a few grind songs. Most of the Iced Earth and Nevermore-type stuff is by request. If you want to hear some specific death/grind call us up and tell us what you want to hear. I played some Blood Duster last week by request, and Alex still plays a lot of death/grind stuff.

Maybe part of the reason you don't hear much grind is because the songs are like 4 freakin seconds long, and if you didn't happen to be listening those 4 seconds then you missed the song. :P

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Thu July 1st, 2004, 1:36 pm

I've noticed what I do if the host seems to be playing alot of the same style that I don't care for, I tune out and wait for a host change as a saving grace. <_<

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu July 1st, 2004, 3:19 pm

I think that's the case for most people, myself included. The more diverse format should keep people in the show longer. That then exposes them to stuff they may not have cared to listen to otherwise, hopefully opening some new doors. And that's a good thing! :D

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu July 1st, 2004, 10:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Jul 1 2004, 01:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Jul 1 2004, 01:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> We still play a lot of death metal and a few grind songs. Most of the Iced Earth and Nevermore-type stuff is by request. If you want to hear some specific death/grind call us up and tell us what you want to hear. I played some Blood Duster last week by request, and Alex still plays a lot of death/grind stuff.

Maybe part of the reason you don't hear much grind is because the songs are like 4 freakin seconds long, and if you didn't happen to be listening those 4 seconds then you missed the song. :P [/quote]
I was the one who called in and requested blood duster haha..

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu July 1st, 2004, 10:59 pm

Haha awesome... well there you go. The system still works.

Tell you what... I'll work some older Nasum and older Carcass into the show when I'm back in two weeks. I won't tell you when I'll play it though, so you'll just have to listen the whole time and see.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu July 1st, 2004, 11:14 pm

Yeah dude I think wrekage is awesome the way it is.