People going to Sounds of the Underground...

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Fri July 15th, 2005, 3:17 pm

FBC didn't play on Tuesday.
But they're at the Masq tonight.
You should go check them out.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sat July 16th, 2005, 2:25 pm

i thought that the sound was surprisingly good throughout the day. a few exceptions were strapping young lad(too quite) and opeth(again too quite) but for the most part all the bands i saw sounded really good........i didn't stay to watch lamb of god so i can't speak for that.

and as far as clutch goes........they were, they are and they will always be GREAT!

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sat July 16th, 2005, 7:57 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:i thought that the sound was surprisingly good throughout the day. a few exceptions were strapping young lad(too quite) and opeth(again too quite) but for the most part all the bands i saw sounded really good........i didn't stay to watch lamb of god so i can't speak for that.

and as far as clutch goes........they were, they are and they will always be GREAT!
I didn't notice anything terrible until Lamb of God.
A Life Once Lost and Madball were my favourites.
SYL was also infintely entertaining (it was awesome that Devon was a little crazier this time).

It's one thing when you know to expect that it's kinda going to suck because it's outside, but it's another thing when it's just fucking godawful like it was for Lamb of God.
I seriously think that it was the worst drum sound I've ever heard.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sat July 16th, 2005, 8:07 pm

a life once lost was impressive. the guys from norma jean were telling me that i would be into a life once lost and they know my tastes pretty well so i checked them out and i liked'em. i expected them to be a boring trendy band but they were much better than that.

i enjoyed madballs set as well....eventhough the crowd didn't give them their due

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Sat July 16th, 2005, 8:16 pm

BlazeTSU wrote:a life once lost was impressive. the guys from norma jean were telling me that i would be into a life once lost and they know my tastes pretty well so i checked them out and i liked'em. i expected them to be a boring trendy band but they were much better than that.

i enjoyed madballs set as well....eventhough the crowd didn't give them their due
Yeah, I've liked ALOL for a while, so I was really happy to be seeing their new stuff live.
I can send you their stuff on AIM if you'd like.

& so true about Madball.
It's a shame that they get so little respect down here when they've basically helped spawn an entire genre of music.
AF, Bad Brains, Black Flag, & Minor Threat are probably the only other bands more responsible for doing so.

The highlight of my day:
So nerdy, but we couldn't resist.
:]

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Sat July 16th, 2005, 11:07 pm

Looks like before the gangbang. :P
holly wrote:Image