Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Diana

Days of the Dead 2014

Post by Diana » Fri February 7th, 2014, 7:05 am

My goals, in order:

1. Keith David;
2. Toe Tag, specifically the Redsin Tower showing at 10 pm Saturday night;
3. "An Evening with Damien Echols;"
4. Give "TWIZTID" a shitload of wedgies and swirlies, might need an assistant for this; and
5. Roddy Piper, time and money permitting. (Sorry Roddy, but I have to prioritize these things, and we all know you'll be back next year.)

Tony Todd has canceled, probably because he heard I'm still upset at how he was a jerk to me at Dragon*Con. OH TONY I CAN'T STAY MAD AT YOU!! COME BACK!!

JägerWolf, you coming? I think the phone reception at the Sheraton has gotten better lately, so holla. Everybody else holla too.

WHO'S WITH ME?? WOOOOOOOOOOOT

Odinson666

Post by Odinson666 » Sat February 8th, 2014, 7:42 am

heading down today, haven't changed out of this emperor shirt in a couple days, so why change now

Diana

Post by Diana » Mon February 10th, 2014, 11:44 am

I have it on good authority that the Sheraton can well and truly go fuck itself, and that DotD will have a different host hotel next year. They're still working out negotiations, but it's one of the good ones.

Among the many insults and indignities inflicted throughout the weekend, on Sunday a Sheraton staff member walked into the film room at 2:40 pm and literally pulled the plug on the (very expensive and very hot) projector mid-film, even though the room was paid up through 5 pm. At 3 pm, another staff member came in and waved his walkie-talkie around and insisted there would be no more films, while I and the Toetag guys yelled at him that there damn well would be. We won, but the Sheraton's bullshit will no longer be tolerated.

I pleaded with the DotD guys to not give up on Atlanta. They have assured me they won't, but they are definitely giving up on the Sheraton. Good fucking riddance.

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu September 25th, 2014, 7:11 am

Welp, according to the weekend pass I just purchased for 2015, it's still at the fucking Sheraton. Maybe this means they actually want our business? I'm not very hopeful. :cry: