Help me bring some sick death metal to ATL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleatlas wrote:
got it
this is why I left the metal scene, too many hipsters
Newsflash, it is possible to appreciate drone and doom and funeral doom and grind and slam and black metal and old man metal and neckbeard metal and also turn out for Emmure shows. Nobody in the pit will judge you for not being intellectual enough.
peace

Hipster? I'll be 44 this year, first saw Maiden in '84 and Metallica (with Cliff) in '86. I'm old enough to know what I like and what I don't. Anything ending in -core is something I'm not going to like, with the exception of hardcore and by that I mean Minor Threat and Black Flag.

I was just trying to give you some friendly advice, chief. No one here is a hipster. Folks here tend to dig underground death or black metal bands, but I think it is fair to say that everyone here has wide musical tastes. The world is a wide place and more power to you if you dig that stuff. There just won't be much positive response here. It's just the wrong forum, that's all.
Thrashmania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like long walks on the beach and candlelit dinners.
Diana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
No one here is a hipster.

And bless you all for it. That neatly sums up why this is the only "social" internetting I do anymore. I quit facebook in October and I'm not going back. (I'm keeping the damn account so I can continue to kick ratanda's ass at Words With Friends.) So I pray that all of you dudes keep posting your gigs on this forum, otherwise I will not know about them. Because now I am Amish. Sad

Okay I'm done, back to the fighting!
Brian
WREKage Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleatlas wrote:
If I wanted to call out faggotry, I could have a field day with you. I was in the scene for a long-ass time, and IMNs are all the same.
But I won't do that. Maybe you're 23 and you still have some illusion that having advanced taste in metal is a mark of intelligence. Maybe you think you're helping to redeem a culture that is obsessed with accessible, easy, dumbed down content. Maybe you just want some of the recognition that goes to the bands you don't like to get funneled to the bands you do like, so that they can make more money and go on more tours and record more music. I get it. That was me once.
And maybe like me you'll learn that there's nothing wrong with going along with the crowd, that nobody is an island, that it's always more fun to get in the pit than to stand on the sidelines, and that going to an Alcest show and swaying back and forth with your arms crossed for an hour isn't nearly as entertaining as fist-pumping with a bunch of drunk shirtless roided up frat bros to a DJ who just played Animals for the third time that night.
I don't know where you're at, but I can say for certain, "calling out faggotry" will make you miserable and bitter someday, and you will either decide that it's a losing battle and not worth your mental energy, or you'll spend your whole life on that cycle and eventually be one of those old people who always gripes about "kids these days" and how "they don't make stuff like they used to" and probably blame most of your problems on the President.

Yeah or I agree
slut rag

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to stay away from shit talking on this forum but damnit, you name dropped fucking EMMURE.

you have to have the worst taste imaginable to like EMMURE and I like a LOT of shit people on this forum would look down on me for. lol
Mangled

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

move to toilet
MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This turd has been flushed.
SlashAndThrash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAGGOT ALERT
kyleatlas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's 2014 and there are people who use "faggot" and "ghey" in the pejorative sense
I used to frequent metal forums and I sounded exactly like you guys until I learned that metal culture is diametrically opposed to having money/sex/social life/accomplishments/people taking you seriously, etc. All of those things > "having good taste" in an genre 98% of the population gives zero shits about.
Metal doesn't suck, but metal culture sucks and it will hold you back in life. You can take it from me, or you can stay in your cave and groom your neckbeard a little longer. Your call.
Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleatlas wrote:
metal culture is diametrically opposed to having money/sex/social life/accomplishments/people taking you seriously, etc. All of those things > "having good taste" in an genre 98% of the population gives zero shits about.
Metal doesn't suck, but metal culture sucks and it will hold you back in life.

HAHAHAHA WHAT?!?! That seriously might be the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Tricalibur wrote:
I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.
Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit! He's back
Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to sum it up you used to be into cool shit but you sold out because selling out is ok. Keep your bs dork-core in Ca, maybe you'll get lucky and do a tour with Butcher Babies.
Thrashmania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know plenty of metalheads who make a damn good living. Our crew of maniacs here is the best 'social' experience most of us could ever want. (Real) Metal chicks are the hottest chicks around and they aren't ditsy bimbos and are capable of actual conversations beyond whatever bs reality tv show everyone is bending over for. You're outta your element, Donny.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrashmania wrote:
You're outta your element, Donny.

Dude. The Chinaman is not the issue here.
MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
Thrashmania wrote:
You're outta your element, Donny.

Dude. The Chinaman is not the issue here.

Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AtlantaMetal Forum Index :: The Toilet All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: