Help me bring some sick death metal to ATL!

This is the place to talk shit! its also where we flush the nonsense

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri March 14th, 2014, 6:55 pm

kyleatlas wrote:got it
this is why I left the metal scene, too many hipsters
Newsflash, it is possible to appreciate drone and doom and funeral doom and grind and slam and black metal and old man metal and neckbeard metal and also turn out for Emmure shows. Nobody in the pit will judge you for not being intellectual enough.
peace
Hipster? I'll be 44 this year, first saw Maiden in '84 and Metallica (with Cliff) in '86. I'm old enough to know what I like and what I don't. Anything ending in -core is something I'm not going to like, with the exception of hardcore and by that I mean Minor Threat and Black Flag.

I was just trying to give you some friendly advice, chief. No one here is a hipster. Folks here tend to dig underground death or black metal bands, but I think it is fair to say that everyone here has wide musical tastes. The world is a wide place and more power to you if you dig that stuff. There just won't be much positive response here. It's just the wrong forum, that's all.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Sat March 15th, 2014, 2:05 am

I also like long walks on the beach and candlelit dinners.

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat March 15th, 2014, 6:12 am

Knucklehead wrote:No one here is a hipster.
And bless you all for it. That neatly sums up why this is the only "social" internetting I do anymore. I quit I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS in October and I'm not going back. (I'm keeping the damn account so I can continue to kick ratanda's ass at Words With Friends.) So I pray that all of you dudes keep posting your gigs on this forum, otherwise I will not know about them. Because now I am Amish. :(

Okay I'm done, back to the fighting!

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Sat March 15th, 2014, 11:16 am

I tend to stay away from shit talking on this forum but damnit, you name dropped fucking EMMURE.

you have to have the worst taste imaginable to like EMMURE and I like a LOT of shit people on this forum would look down on me for. lol

Mangled

Post by Mangled » Sat March 15th, 2014, 12:01 pm

move to toilet

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Sun March 16th, 2014, 9:09 pm

This turd has been flushed.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Mon March 17th, 2014, 1:20 am

FAGGOT ALERT
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

kyleatlas

Post by kyleatlas » Mon March 17th, 2014, 7:09 am

it's 2014 and there are people who use "faggot" and "ghey" in the pejorative sense
I used to frequent metal forums and I sounded exactly like you guys until I learned that metal culture is diametrically opposed to having money/sex/social life/accomplishments/people taking you seriously, etc. All of those things > "having good taste" in an genre 98% of the population gives zero shits about.
Metal doesn't suck, but metal culture sucks and it will hold you back in life. You can take it from me, or you can stay in your cave and groom your neckbeard a little longer. Your call.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon March 17th, 2014, 7:55 am

kyleatlas wrote:metal culture is diametrically opposed to having money/sex/social life/accomplishments/people taking you seriously, etc. All of those things > "having good taste" in an genre 98% of the population gives zero shits about.
Metal doesn't suck, but metal culture sucks and it will hold you back in life.
HAHAHAHA WHAT?!?! That seriously might be the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Mon March 17th, 2014, 7:56 am

Holy shit! He's back

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Mon March 17th, 2014, 8:15 am

So to sum it up you used to be into cool shit but you sold out because selling out is ok. Keep your bs dork-core in Ca, maybe you'll get lucky and do a tour with Butcher Babies.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Mon March 17th, 2014, 9:25 am

I know plenty of metalheads who make a damn good living. Our crew of maniacs here is the best 'social' experience most of us could ever want. (Real) Metal chicks are the hottest chicks around and they aren't ditsy bimbos and are capable of actual conversations beyond whatever bs reality tv show everyone is bending over for. You're outta your element, Donny.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon March 17th, 2014, 10:07 am

Thrashmania wrote:You're outta your element, Donny.
Dude. The Chinaman is not the issue here.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Mon March 17th, 2014, 10:59 am

Knucklehead wrote:
Thrashmania wrote:You're outta your element, Donny.
Dude. The Chinaman is not the issue here.
Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.

kyleatlas

Post by kyleatlas » Mon March 17th, 2014, 10:59 am

Thrashmania wrote:I know plenty of juggalos who make a damn good living. The dark carnival is the best 'social' experience most of us could ever want. (Real) Juggalettes are the hottest chicks around and they aren't ditsy bimbos and are capable of actual conversations beyond whatever bs reality tv show everyone is bending over for. You're outta your element, Donny.
^ adjusted for what you sound like to the rest of the world when you act like your subculture is somehow superior to being normal