Help me bring some sick death metal to ATL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyleatlas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrashmania wrote:
I know plenty of juggalos who make a damn good living. The dark carnival is the best 'social' experience most of us could ever want. (Real) Juggalettes are the hottest chicks around and they aren't ditsy bimbos and are capable of actual conversations beyond whatever bs reality tv show everyone is bending over for. You're outta your element, Donny.

^ adjusted for what you sound like to the rest of the world when you act like your subculture is somehow superior to being normal
Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleatlas wrote:
Thrashmania wrote:
I know plenty of juggalos who make a damn good living. The dark carnival is the best 'social' experience most of us could ever want. (Real) Juggalettes are the hottest chicks around and they aren't ditsy bimbos and are capable of actual conversations beyond whatever bs reality tv show everyone is bending over for. You're outta your element, Donny.

^ adjusted for what you sound like to the rest of the world when you act like your subculture is somehow superior to being normal

Cool! Do one of mine!
kyleatlas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but yeah a lot of you guys are chill (namely knucklehead) and probably wouldn't have said shit to me if I hadn't responded the way I did to the inflammatory posts.
Those who are quick to talk shit about "faggot" bands really need to dial it down and not take metal so seriously. Metal is not serious. Taking metal that seriously sucks the fun out.
melkor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no fun
Thrashmania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleatlas wrote:
Thrashmania wrote:

I was just pointing out the fallacies of your previous statement. Also, if you're going to label something as 'sick death metal' make sure it actually is, instead of -core garbage. You came to us, we didn't go to you.
kyleatlas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes yes that 'core garbage'
meanwhile the hundreds of drunk bros who will be packing into the Emmure show tonight and give zero shits that their songwriting is about as advanced as Limp Bizkit will have way more fun than all the people who stayed at home due to "good taste"
Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have been at that Kentucky fest a few weeks ago, it was amazing, and no bros
Thrashmania

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleatlas wrote:
meanwhile the hundreds of drunk bros who will be packing into the Emmure show tonight and give zero shits that their songwriting is about as advanced as Limp Bizkit will have way more fun than all the people who stayed at home due to "good taste"
Nah, I'll be at the Drunken Unicorn due to good taste.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleatlas wrote:

An interesting mixture of ennui and derision.
Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention I would be absolutely fucking miserable having to listen to Emmure. I'm not making a choice to be some high-minded metaler-than-thou warrior, I genuinely think that sort of stuff sounds like shit.

Not to mention there is an actual death metal show going on tonight at drunken Unicorn as stated previously.

Tricalibur wrote:
I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.
SlashAndThrash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the fuck is metal
Asrynth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrashmania wrote:
I know plenty of metalheads who make a damn good living. Our crew of maniacs here is the best 'social' experience most of us could ever want. (Real) Metal chicks are the hottest chicks around and they aren't ditsy bimbos and are capable of actual conversations beyond whatever bs reality tv show everyone is bending over for. You're outta your element, Donny.

\m/ Hell yeah to all of this \m/
badcarburetor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleatlas wrote:
it's 2014 and there are people who use "faggot" and "ghey" in the pejorative sense
I used to frequent metal forums and I sounded exactly like you guys until I learned that metal culture is diametrically opposed to having money/sex/social life/accomplishments/people taking you seriously, etc. All of those things > "having good taste" in an genre 98% of the population gives zero shits about.
Metal doesn't suck, but metal culture sucks and it will hold you back in life. You can take it from me, or you can stay in your cave and groom your neckbeard a little longer. Your call.

Is it hard to reword the whole of Sgt. D's philosphy? Why not just link to a SYWH post?

Maybe the lesson to learn here is, review the forum you are advertising on before making yourself into bait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AtlantaMetal Forum Index :: The Toilet All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: