Help me bring some sick death metal to ATL!

This is the place to talk shit! its also where we flush the nonsense

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Mon March 17th, 2014, 11:14 am

kyleatlas wrote:
Thrashmania wrote:I know plenty of juggalos who make a damn good living. The dark carnival is the best 'social' experience most of us could ever want. (Real) Juggalettes are the hottest chicks around and they aren't ditsy bimbos and are capable of actual conversations beyond whatever bs reality tv show everyone is bending over for. You're outta your element, Donny.
^ adjusted for what you sound like to the rest of the world when you act like your subculture is somehow superior to being normal
Cool! Do one of mine!

kyleatlas

Post by kyleatlas » Mon March 17th, 2014, 11:18 am

but yeah a lot of you guys are chill (namely knucklehead) and probably wouldn't have said shit to me if I hadn't responded the way I did to the inflammatory posts.
Those who are quick to talk shit about "faggot" bands really need to dial it down and not take metal so seriously. Metal is not serious. Taking metal that seriously sucks the fun out.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon March 17th, 2014, 11:30 am

no fun
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Mon March 17th, 2014, 12:49 pm

kyleatlas wrote:
Thrashmania wrote:I know plenty of juggalos who make a damn good living. The dark carnival is the best 'social' experience most of us could ever want. (Real) Juggalettes are the hottest chicks around and they aren't ditsy bimbos and are capable of actual conversations beyond whatever bs reality tv show everyone is bending over for. You're outta your element, Donny.
^ adjusted for what you sound like to the rest of the world when you act like your subculture is somehow superior to being normal
I was just pointing out the fallacies of your previous statement. Also, if you're going to label something as 'sick death metal' make sure it actually is, instead of -core garbage. You came to us, we didn't go to you.

kyleatlas

Post by kyleatlas » Mon March 17th, 2014, 1:02 pm

yes yes that 'core garbage'
meanwhile the hundreds of drunk bros who will be packing into the Emmure show tonight and give zero shits that their songwriting is about as advanced as Limp Bizkit will have way more fun than all the people who stayed at home due to "good taste"

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Mon March 17th, 2014, 1:04 pm

Should have been at that Kentucky fest a few weeks ago, it was amazing, and no bros

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Mon March 17th, 2014, 1:11 pm

kyleatlas wrote:yes yes that 'core garbage'
meanwhile the hundreds of drunk bros who will be packing into the Emmure show tonight and give zero shits that their songwriting is about as advanced as Limp Bizkit will have way more fun than all the people who stayed at home due to "good taste"
Nah, I'll be at the Drunken Unicorn due to good taste.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon March 17th, 2014, 1:45 pm

kyleatlas wrote:yes yes that 'core garbage'
An interesting mixture of ennui and derision.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon March 17th, 2014, 2:47 pm

Not to mention I would be absolutely fucking miserable having to listen to Emmure. I'm not making a choice to be some high-minded metaler-than-thou warrior, I genuinely think that sort of stuff sounds like shit.

Not to mention there is an actual death metal show going on tonight at drunken Unicorn as stated previously.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Tue March 18th, 2014, 3:34 pm

What the fuck is metal
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Tue March 18th, 2014, 11:31 pm

Thrashmania wrote:I know plenty of metalheads who make a damn good living. Our crew of maniacs here is the best 'social' experience most of us could ever want. (Real) Metal chicks are the hottest chicks around and they aren't ditsy bimbos and are capable of actual conversations beyond whatever bs reality tv show everyone is bending over for. You're outta your element, Donny.
\m/ Hell yeah to all of this \m/

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Tue March 25th, 2014, 4:33 pm

kyleatlas wrote:it's 2014 and there are people who use "faggot" and "ghey" in the pejorative sense
I used to frequent metal forums and I sounded exactly like you guys until I learned that metal culture is diametrically opposed to having money/sex/social life/accomplishments/people taking you seriously, etc. All of those things > "having good taste" in an genre 98% of the population gives zero shits about.
Metal doesn't suck, but metal culture sucks and it will hold you back in life. You can take it from me, or you can stay in your cave and groom your neckbeard a little longer. Your call.

Is it hard to reword the whole of Sgt. D's philosphy? Why not just link to a SYWH post?

Maybe the lesson to learn here is, review the forum you are advertising on before making yourself into bait.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson