Days of the Dead 2015

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Diana

Days of the Dead 2015

Post by Diana » Thu January 15th, 2015, 12:40 pm

www.daysofthedead.net/atlanta/

Feb 6-8 at the fucking Sheraton again.

Who's coming? JägerWolf, I look forward to randomly running into you in a hallway. It's how we do.

Fuck the Sheraton in its neckhole, as previously stated. I hope to see brown-nosing this time around, or at the very least, maybe they can resist unplugging movie projectors mid-film.

Have I oversold this convention too much already? Wait, don't forget the notoriously shit cellphone reception downtown... If you need me, I will be in Doug Bradley's lap. Holla.

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Sat January 17th, 2015, 8:47 pm

Yep, Im in. Sisters will probably be there decked in their costumes like always.

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed January 21st, 2015, 12:32 pm

I'm not bothering with Friday, but I'll be there Sat & Sun. See you in the hallway! :D

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Sun February 1st, 2015, 4:04 am

Same here, Saturday only. Just a week away. Ready to see Angus.

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Wed February 4th, 2015, 12:08 pm

I ain't goin, but there are half price weekend passes available here - http://loafdeals.com/atlanta/deals/2750 ... on-reg-55/

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed February 4th, 2015, 12:54 pm

sleyja wrote:I ain't goin, but there are half price weekend passes available here - http://loafdeals.com/atlanta/deals/2750 ... on-reg-55/
HAHA - Is this a desperate last-ditch attempt to drum up business? Sure smells like one. I don't remember this happening last year. Hell, my "pre-sale discount" tickets were $57.37. I should have waited.

I am bringing special Valentines for my stalking victim Doug Bradley and also for Kane Hodder because he is super cool.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed February 4th, 2015, 4:17 pm

Diana wrote: also for Kane Hodder because he is super cool.
Kane Hodder kicks ass. If I didn't already have a bunch of stuff going on this weekend, I might have gone to this just to meet him.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed February 4th, 2015, 5:48 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Diana wrote: also for Kane Hodder because he is super cool.
Kane Hodder kicks ass. If I didn't already have a bunch of stuff going on this weekend, I might have gone to this just to meet him.
Last year he randomly came up behind me and clamped both hands on my shoulders, and each hand was like a vice. I suspect he spends a little time in the gym. Then he just hung out with us and chatted, which I'm sure had nothing at all to do with the 8x10 I was holding featuring Danny Trejo cavorting with two well-endowed topless ladies...

Diana

Post by Diana » Mon February 9th, 2015, 9:24 am

Logan, whatever this stomach shit is, I hope I didn't give it to you. But I guarantee I gave it to every other person at the Con by handing out those Valentines for my Shartwork website. (Poor Cenobites.) Sorry I bailed and left you in the Angus Scrimm line, but I had to get home to my couch. :(

I think my second favorite part of the weekend was the panel on Sunday where Kane Hodder and Nick Principe presented a ten minute diatribe on what a shithead Steven Seagal is. They had many examples and personal stories to back up this claim. It was hilarious. Kane wrapped up with "Anyway let's not talk about that guy anymore..." But the whole audience was pretty much "that's okay, keep going!"

Of course my favorite part was the Doug Bradley part, plus the bonus of getting a personal magic show from Simon "Butterball" Bamford at his table. Four of the Cenobites were a total hoot and I <3 them. The fifth one can please have a safe trip back to Italy (or wherever the hell she's from), and don't let the door hit her in the ass.