open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Wed August 24th, 2016, 2:19 pm

Diana wrote:
melkor wrote:The Homebuyer Strikes Back

http://www.dailyreportonline.com/id=120 ... 0723185922
"Anticipatory nuisance." That sounds about right.
they're probably right though. i totally plan on avoiding lot fees by parking in the subdivisions, and then drinking and doing drugs and proclaiming obscenities and soliciting ladies of the evening as i walk to and from the venue. as an american i have god-given right to liquor drugs swears and whores wherever i choose to be
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu August 25th, 2016, 9:04 am

melkor wrote:they're probably right though. i totally plan on avoiding lot fees by parking in the subdivisions, and then drinking and doing drugs and proclaiming obscenities and soliciting ladies of the evening as i walk to and from the venue. as an american i have god-given right to liquor drugs swears and whores wherever i choose to be
You're goddamn fuckin A right. In the meantime, I look forward to many more Final Masquerade shows on North Ave! :D

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri August 26th, 2016, 11:09 pm

masquerade will continue to operate on north ave at least through september
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Tue August 30th, 2016, 11:39 am

^that's what I was coming to post...its on their twitter or some such nonsense feed but nowhere easily found on their website :roll:

I just got my tickets for Master - 12$ ticket, 6$ for ticketmaster :shock:

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri September 16th, 2016, 10:56 am

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Fri September 16th, 2016, 12:18 pm

Holy shit. Kenny's Alley flashback. There hasn't been a good show there in at least decade. I almost think I could warm up to the idea, though. Would be nice to take the night train directly to Masq (from my stomping ground anyway).

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Mon September 19th, 2016, 1:38 pm

I haven't been to underground since I first moved here 15 years ago. I wasn't impressed then. Is there anything else there worth visiting? And how late does the last Marta train run?

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Mon September 19th, 2016, 2:32 pm

Moloc wrote:I haven't been to underground since I first moved here 15 years ago. I wasn't impressed then. Is there anything else there worth visiting? And how late does the last Marta train run?
Absolutely nothing. Depending on the which line you're on, the final trains leave Five Points between around 1:30 AM. Only Goldline northbound is around 1:15 AM for some reason. Can't remember the last Masq show that ran past midnight.

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Tue September 20th, 2016, 12:05 pm

You also have to change trains after 9pm at Lindbergh if you are headed on the Red line after that (North Springs/Sandy Springs etc)

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Tue September 20th, 2016, 1:57 pm

Moloc wrote:I haven't been to underground since I first moved here 15 years ago. I wasn't impressed then. Is there anything else there worth visiting? And how late does the last Marta train run?
After 1:00 AM. I am not exactly sure of the time, but it could be a bit problematic for people if it is a late night show. I hate the Underground myself. Maybe moving the Masquerade there will clean up that shitty Marta station, but in the mean time it is the most sketchy stop on all of Marta. I walk to GSU everyday from Five Points, and I still feel unsafe walking to class.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Tue September 20th, 2016, 2:01 pm

It's that bad? I have not been to Underground in the year that I have now lived in Atlanta...In fact the only time I went there was in 2005!!! I drove down to Atlanta from Raleigh for some reason - ah new years eve it was.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue September 20th, 2016, 2:10 pm

No way. I've never felt weird at any hour at Five Points/Underground in the eleven years I've lived here. And you gotta own that sidewalk, Gene. Get off at Bankhead, HE Holmes, or Kensington one night and report back to us.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Tue September 20th, 2016, 3:07 pm

i got off at 5p a couple times to catch a bus there around 10 pm or so. yeah, there are a bunch of loiterers hanging around outside the station but just mind your own damn business and don't look like a target

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed September 21st, 2016, 12:12 pm

MS_39455 wrote:you gotta own that sidewalk, Gene.
And also keep one eye on it because sometimes folks take a dump there. The BFF works near that station and my phone is filled with his exciting discoveries.

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Wed September 21st, 2016, 2:52 pm

Fuck. I'm just going to drive! I don't need all that hassle.