Haunted House Time!

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Diana

Haunted House Time!

Post by Diana » Thu October 8th, 2015, 11:30 am

Christ, it's already October.

Netherworld: The BFF & Agent Chili Bowl and I are looking at either the 13th or 20th because Eff Netherworld on weekends, and I like to get there before it opens at 7:30. If another date works better for y'all, I am happy to go twice. I did it last year. I wish Netherworld had a Loyalty program.

Chamber of Horrors: Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, holler at me Logan. I think we did a Sunday last year? It was a blast and I recommend it, so anybody feel free to join us. Also their website says it's the last year on North Avenue. And also I suspect it's the same theme as last year based on something I read, which I don't care because I'm going anyway.

Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse: Gone, Rest In Peace, I love you forever. :cry: :cry: I haven't heard anything else about the new thing Shane's cooking up, but surely he can't have it up and running already? That would be a miracle.

Get out your calendars, let's do this thing.

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Fri October 9th, 2015, 3:20 pm

No. But have a gathering or something, plz. :P
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Sun October 11th, 2015, 10:16 pm

Don't know about Netherworld on a Tuesday but let me know when you want to do Chamber.

Diana

Post by Diana » Mon October 12th, 2015, 2:08 pm

ratanda wrote:Don't know about Netherworld on a Tuesday but let me know when you want to do Chamber.
Will do. JägerWolf? Come in JägerWolf...

Okay the BFF and Chili Bowl & I are doing Netherworld tomorrow the 13th, getting in line around 7-ish. Doing both houses. Come on down!

Roth, I will have a gathering just as soon as these FUCKING ANTS ARE OUT OF MY KITCHEN. Ain't nobody coming over here until then. 😡😡

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon October 12th, 2015, 4:43 pm

Diana wrote: Roth, I will have a gathering just as soon as these FUCKING ANTS ARE OUT OF MY KITCHEN. Ain't nobody coming over here until then. 😡😡
did you try asking the ants nicely?
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

egg yolkeo

Post by egg yolkeo » Mon October 12th, 2015, 7:12 pm

Terro ant baits works lime a charm but it also draws more out from the nest once they find it.Its a trip to watch and next day their all gone

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Mon October 12th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Went to Netherworld for the first time last night...was pretty amazing

Diana

Post by Diana » Tue October 13th, 2015, 12:43 pm

egg yolkeo wrote:Terro ant baits works lime a charm but it also draws more out from the nest once they find it.Its a trip to watch and next day their all gone
Oh my god. First it was the little plastic Raid liquid baits. They worked for a while but now the ants just step over those to get to my counter. Then I filled their holes with that Raid gel, which they think is delicious. I'm having the best luck with this Ant-Kil in the old-school white and blue bottle. They go apeshit and flood all over it and gradually die out over a couple days. But there are still some John McClane motherfuckers that just will not go down. I'll try the Terro bait next.

After that I'm setting fire to the house.

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu October 15th, 2015, 5:54 am

Netherworld Update:
Of course it kicks ass. The two guys in front of us were the first two non-Speed Pass holders allowed in the house, so we were third, fourth and fifth. However, the Speed Pass holders directly in front of them were chicken shits, and apparently the girlfriend had to be convinced to enter each new area. So we did a bit of standing around in dark hallways waiting for her dumb ass to move. SPEED PASS MEANS SPEED, YOU FUCK. DO IT RIGHT OR GET OUT OF THE WAY.

This year the main house is Rotting and the smaller one is Vault 13: Unearthed. They are both awesome, no worries. But a warning about Vault 13: the final room is a foam room. I read about it before we went, and I thought "surely it isn't actually a room filled with foam. It's a prank!" Nope, it's a room filled with foam. If you remember the white room from last year, they kind of combined it with a foam room, so you start off in the weird disorienting whiteness and then wander into a room filled with soap suds. There are a ton of warnings before you get in, and there is a bypass to get around it. If you are wearing a leather jacket (not that this group owns leather jackets or anything) you might want to take the bypass. Don't worry, I won't call you a pussy because it is literally the final room, emptying out into the parking lot. And also I drove home in wet Converse, so consider this free advice.

Here's a shot of me and Agent Chili Bowl after the Sexy Foam Party:

Chili Bowl has visible foam on him, I just look like a retard with my arms out. But please believe I am wet and cold.

Chambers of Horror:
ratanda, are you good for a Sunday? I'm clear for the 18th and 25th. About to begin relentlessly texting JägerWolf. Anybody else want to join us? Incidentally, the website says Sunday nights are also Service Industry nights: bring a check stub to prove you work in a "restaurant, bar, strip club, or hospitality type industry" and get $5 off.

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Thu October 15th, 2015, 3:23 pm

Diana, you guys look soooo cute!!! :twisted:
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Thu October 15th, 2015, 4:21 pm

I thought that foam room was really dumb. I thought it was going to be like a torture scene and they spray blood on you or something (red foam) or something but it was literally just a hallway filled with foam. Pretty random.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Thu October 15th, 2015, 5:27 pm

it's not dumb if you're a phomophobe.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu October 15th, 2015, 9:31 pm

Diana wrote: ratanda, are you good for a Sunday? I'm clear for the 18th and 25th. About to begin relentlessly texting JägerWolf. Anybody else want to join us? Incidentally, the website says Sunday nights are also Service Industry nights: bring a check stub to prove you work in a "restaurant, bar, strip club, or hospitality type industry" and get $5 off.
Yeah, that may work. Text me.

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri October 16th, 2015, 5:21 am

GameFreac wrote:I thought that foam room was really dumb. I thought it was going to be like a torture scene and they spray blood on you or something (red foam) or something but it was literally just a hallway filled with foam. Pretty random.
HAHA!! I KNOW! That's why I kept thinking "Naaahhh! No way! Totally a prank on how dumb foam parties are. So ironic!" And then nope, totally a foam party. :(

Then again:
melkor wrote:it's not dumb if you're a phomophobe.

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri October 16th, 2015, 1:55 pm

It seems that JägerWolf, my trusty horror buddy, has betrayed me by already going to Chambers of Horror. I can't stop crying.

So ratanda & I will be hitting it this Sunday the 18th around 8:30ish. Join us!