Abbath/High on Fire/Skeletonwitch/Tribulation - 3/19

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat March 19th, 2016, 2:59 pm

Doors are at 6. I don't even get home from work until 6:30. I am totally going to miss Tribulation. :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

GUYS, TELL HOF TO GO ON FIRST. KTHX

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sat March 19th, 2016, 3:05 pm

There is supposedly another band, Inferion, who is going on first.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat March 19th, 2016, 3:49 pm

melkor wrote:There is supposedly another band, Inferion, who is going on first.
HAHAHAH!! Of course there is. Never change, Masquerade!

Thanks, melkor! That cheers me up. :D

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun March 20th, 2016, 10:48 am

Look my at my FB feed, it sounds like this was a good show.

Well?

Diana

Post by Diana » Sun March 20th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Diana had a designated driver. Therefore, Diana got hammered. Currently, Diana is hungover on the couch. Where the hell were you?

As predicted, I missed Tribulation. :( Skeletonwitch was Skeletonwitch, they're fine. HOF was HOF, they are also fine, but at this point I was drunk so the polyrhythms were kickass. Seemed like a bunch of stoners left after their set because a bit of space opened up. Still packed out though. And then Abbath came out and super kicked ass. Like I mentioned to Tommy, there was minimal banter which made me sad because he's so hilarious at it. Maybe once he figures out we're all #TeamAbbath he'll relax.

Special thanks to the dickhead front center that filmed the ENTIRE SHOW on his phone. I eventually moved around him and went up front. I hope his arms fall off.

AND I GOT TO RIDE IN SAM'S CAR. God damn I am in love with that thing.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Sun March 20th, 2016, 5:33 pm

Abbath was awesome. The Bastard Suns in Hell was fun as shit. Need to see them play a full set. It's hard to see 2 bands you like in 1 night playing at the same time.

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Sun March 20th, 2016, 6:42 pm

I knew I should have made it to this one :s

Nothing else in the next month or two that I'd really want to (or for that matter can make it to)

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Sun March 20th, 2016, 8:45 pm

Diana wrote:Diana had a designated driver. Therefore, Diana got hammered. Currently, Diana is hungover on the couch.
At 6:20 in the p.m.? That's some strong work.

I couldn't make this one. I would have liked to, but it just wasn't in the cards. Date night, you see.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Sun March 20th, 2016, 10:28 pm

good show
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

spice

Post by spice » Sun March 20th, 2016, 11:36 pm

It was great fun. I was a little disappointed with Abbath at first, it didn't seem as visceral as I was hoping. Either it beefed up or I was mistaken, but I left wishing he had played longer.
"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us."-Jerry Garcia

Diana

Post by Diana » Mon March 21st, 2016, 11:48 am

Knucklehead wrote:At 6:20 in the p.m.? That's some strong work.
#gohardorgohome

Also Kay's phone turned into a hot brick during the show, so if anyone is trying to contact her and can't, that might be why. I'm attempting to communicate via email like a fucking savage.

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Thu April 7th, 2016, 10:34 am

A little late on this, but some dude said he liked my back patch since it was "local, from the Carolinas." I told him Acid Witch were from Detroit. Then he said he wanted to wear my pants and put his penis in my face. Guys, do better. :oops: :cry:
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu April 7th, 2016, 12:21 pm

theRothstanator wrote:A little late on this, but some dude said he liked my back patch since it was "local, from the Carolinas." I told him Acid Witch were from Detroit. Then he said he wanted to wear my pants and put his penis in my face. Guys, do better. :oops: :cry:
Ha! What was your response?

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Thu April 7th, 2016, 1:43 pm

Knucklehead wrote:
theRothstanator wrote:A little late on this, but some dude said he liked my back patch since it was "local, from the Carolinas." I told him Acid Witch were from Detroit. Then he said he wanted to wear my pants and put his penis in my face. Guys, do better. :oops: :cry:
not to tell anybody else nearby about the incident until we were in a car driving away. weirdo birthday boy avoided a nasty beating at the hands of certain individuals, i would guess

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Thu April 7th, 2016, 5:01 pm

melkor wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
not to tell anybody else nearby about the incident until we were in a car driving away. weirdo birthday boy avoided a nasty beating at the hands of certain individuals, i would guess
I did tell you guys, but I dunno if anyone really understood what I said. I was so shocked, I was like, "Happy Birthday" with bitchface on and I walked away. UGHHHHH
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor