Northmen: A Viking Saga

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Knucklehead

Northmen: A Viking Saga

Post by Knucklehead » Tue February 2nd, 2016, 7:50 pm

You might remember that this movie made a splash last year because Johan Hegg from Amon Amarth is in it. I remember watching the trailer and being pretty intrigued.

Anyway, for those who subscribe, it is currently on Starz. I watched a little bit of it late last night and it looked pretty bad. But not bad enough that I won't watch the whole thing tonight.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Wed February 3rd, 2016, 7:04 am

Looks/sounds terrible and completely in line with the Romper Room Amon Amarth viking caricature, but you tell us. How about a run down if you're able to finish it? Number of man drops to knees screaming "Nooooooooo!!!!!!" scenes, martial arts style sword pirouettes, anachronistic renaissance fair armour, etc.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Wed February 3rd, 2016, 8:54 am

I don't normally catch on to that kind of stuff. Curiously, there were no drop-to-the-knees-and-express-manly-displeasure scenes. Although there was a lot of killing.

There were certainly some improbabilities. Carpathian mercenaries in Scotland? Really?

And, of course, there were, several improbable plot twists. And, spoiler here, Johan Hegg's character dies in the first 15 minutes.

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Wed February 3rd, 2016, 12:01 pm

Knucklehead wrote:And, spoiler here, Johan Hegg's character dies in the first 15 minutes.
Fuck!!! There goes my weekend!