Project Pabst -- Not Metal.

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Knucklehead

Project Pabst -- Not Metal.

Post by Knucklehead » Tue July 12th, 2016, 9:07 am

So there's going to be a musical festival in EAV in October. Mastodon is playing, which I think is pretty alright. I get the impression that they don't do many local shows anymore, but that might just be because they're off my radar.

I've never really cared for PBR, so this sort of made me cringe: ""We thought the East Atlanta vibe was cool, and it's definitely a street that represents PBR." But good on them for bringing this all together. It reminds me a bit of the Scion Music Fest. Except it isn't free. And it isn't metal.

Anyway, read about it in the Loafing here.

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Thu July 14th, 2016, 9:49 pm

Hey don't knock PBR...for an unemployed guy like me, it's probably the only option left these days if I'm at a bar/venue...actually now I've also found Rolling Rock at 529 :lol:

as for the fest, err I know none of those except Mastodon (who I'm not that keen to see in any case). skip. Plenty of stuff happening in Sep/Oct elsewhere.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Fri July 15th, 2016, 8:07 am

I think PBR would occasionally sponsor shows a lot at the Clermont, Lenny's, etc. some years back. I recall the line-ups being equally so-so.
elatihc wrote: I've also found Rolling Rock at 529 :lol:
Fuckin $2 draft seven days a week. No one can beat that at a venue anywhere in the city.