Belphegor/Origin 9/3 GA Theatre - Athens

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Thrashmania

Belphegor/Origin 9/3 GA Theatre - Athens

Post by Thrashmania » Sun August 7th, 2016, 9:04 pm

Belphegor, Origin, Abigail Williams, Khaotika

Sat · September 3, 2016
Doors: 7:00 pm / Show: 7:30 pm
Georgia Theatre
$22.00 - $27.00

After much debate about my attendance to HHB this year, I think my decision is made up. With HHB only using the side 'ballroom' instead of the main theatre, SWMF the week after, Master playing that Thursday, Marduk/Rotting Christ that Sunday and this Belphegor show. I think I'd be just as equally entertained and spend less money doing it. Will not be attending HHB this year.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon August 8th, 2016, 7:15 am

That Marduk show is tempting.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Re: Belphegor/Origin 9/3 GA Theatre - Athens

Post by MS_39455 » Mon August 8th, 2016, 8:07 am

Thrashmania wrote:With HHB only using the side 'ballroom' instead of the main theatre
What?! Where'd you here that?

Thrashmania

Re: Belphegor/Origin 9/3 GA Theatre - Athens

Post by Thrashmania » Mon August 8th, 2016, 8:19 am

MS_39455 wrote:
Thrashmania wrote:With HHB only using the side 'ballroom' instead of the main theatre
What?! Where'd you here that?
It was posted yesterday on their FB page. My assumption is that up until this point, ticket sells haven't been that great and it'll cost them less to use that room--and it was easy for them to just switch over to there. The same announcement that officially said Hobbs is off and that Goat Semen is off (but they're working on putting them up for a full US tour in 2017)

"HEADBASH UPDATE!
With nearly 3 weeks to go we regret to inform you that Hobbs Angel of Death had to cancel their entire U.S. tour, including Hells Headbash. Furthermore, Goat Semen has been approved for their visas however the U.S. embassy is unable to grant them an interview date to finish the process until October. This is a huge disappointment and very annoying considering papers were filed several months in advance with all fees paid in full. Our lawyer has done everything in their power to avoid this but at this point there is no other option but to bring the band in 2017 for a full U.S. tour! More details after Headbash regarding dates and cities but dead SERIOUS promoters interested in booking should get in touch by private message on the Hells Headbash FB page. With that said, please welcome to the stage the mighty SADISTIC fuckin’ INTENT and former Cleveland sleazebags NEKROFILTH! Both bands will perform on Friday at Headbash.

We urge all who haven’t purchased their tickets yet to grab them ASAP! All bands will be playing on the BALLROOM stage of the Agora, NOT the theatre stage like last year. Occupancy is only 500 so act fastttt since tickets likely won’t be available at the door! Get ‘em here:

https://hellsheadbash.yapsody.com/†... ash-part-3

Finally, we’ve managed to make space to allow a few distros to set up this year. Those interested should get in touch by private message on the Hells Headbash FB page. Only a few tables are available.

Thanks to everyone who’s purchased tickets in advance to make this festival possible. We look forward to seeing you maniacs in just a few weeks!"

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon August 8th, 2016, 11:38 am

Wow, only 500 occupancy for HHB. How many people were there last year?

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon August 8th, 2016, 11:47 am

I dunno. It seemed like more than 500 to me. That is a major bummer because the atmosphere of that smaller stage is way different. Seeing bands like Archgoat on that big honkin' stage with great sound and cool visual effects formed a lot of the appeal for the previous fest.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Mon August 8th, 2016, 2:08 pm

ratanda wrote:Wow, only 500 occupancy for HHB. How many people were there last year?
500+ easy, not including bands. That theater stage was rad. Oh well. Line-up is still next to none in my opionion. Going to be packed now, though.

On topic...I wouldn't mind seeing Belphegor on a theater stage. Athens alone seems like an odd choice, but GA Theater is the last place I would imagine them playing there. Drawn and Quartered with Satan's Host at Transmetro Pizza a few years ago is the last comparable show out that way I could really even think of. Doesn't happen often.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon August 8th, 2016, 4:13 pm

did conklin get extra cheeze?
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Mon August 8th, 2016, 4:20 pm

melkor wrote:did conklin get extra cheeze?
He sure as fuck did on the Cruise. Jeez.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon August 8th, 2016, 4:44 pm

cheesus jeese and crackers?

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Mon August 8th, 2016, 4:45 pm

And overly tight (p)leather pants with a band shirt tucked in and crappy (like, not even good crappy) dad jokes.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Tue August 9th, 2016, 10:08 am

Jag Panzer singer?

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu September 1st, 2016, 11:58 am

Guys, I love Belphegor with all my heart. But this is over an hour drive from either Dragon*Con OR Snellville. :( :( I just don't think I can do it. I'm so sad right now. :( :(

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Thu September 1st, 2016, 12:52 pm

Diana wrote:I just don't think I can do it. I'm so sad right now. :( :(
Alternatively. You *could* just do it, and not be sad! I AM MASTER PROBLEM SOLVER!

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu September 1st, 2016, 3:56 pm

Thrashmania wrote:
Diana wrote:I just don't think I can do it. I'm so sad right now. :( :(
Alternatively. You *could* just do it, and not be sad! I AM MASTER PROBLEM SOLVER!
HOORAY!! :D :D :D