Flots/Helstar - Nov. 30

post your opinions about shows. A full event calendar is available.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Wed November 30th, 2016, 8:31 pm

Stuck at home :(

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Wed November 30th, 2016, 9:34 pm

No traffic. Maybe 50 people here.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Thu December 1st, 2016, 12:56 am

MARTA vs Driving is pretty much a wash $$$ wise. This show ruled. Albeit 50-75 people at peak. The only negative (if you can call it that) to public transportation is I end up walking out with a $60+ bar tab. :D :D

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Thu December 1st, 2016, 9:08 am

How's the sound in the new spot?

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Thu December 1st, 2016, 9:14 am

MS_39455 wrote:How's the sound in the new spot?
same old
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Thu December 1st, 2016, 10:20 am

melkor wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:How's the sound in the new spot?
same old
Goddamnit. Wishful thinking.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu December 1st, 2016, 10:27 am

The sound was good. The sound in the old Hell was good too. The balcony is a nice touch too.

Flotsam and Helstar were pretty awesome. It was great seeing Flotsam do a headlining set. They played almost two hours. Lots of selections from the first album, and from the 2nd, I Live You Die, Hard On You, DREAMS OF DEATH. No Place From Disgrace into Suffer The Masses, into Doomsday and end.

And I was surprised and impressed that Eric AK could still hit plenty of those high notes.

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Thu December 1st, 2016, 11:46 am

ratanda wrote:They played almost two hours.
Holy crap, really? It felt like 10 minutes...

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Thu December 1st, 2016, 12:00 pm

yeah the sound definitely wasn't bad as some of the sets I've seen at the old place, but neither was it as good as some of the better sounding nights, and you can tell the space could sound better with some additional time and money. we'll see. also, fj was too loud.

helstar fuckin ruled. made me wish I listened to them more, because their performance was tight and enthralling. fj was sounding good, too, but I started petering out and left after about 1.5 hours. good show overall. tmania totally slammed the shit outta this drunk white polo wearing douche that was tying to cozy up to him. laughs were had!
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Thu December 1st, 2016, 12:07 pm

it was also way too hot inside

Thrashmania

Post by Thrashmania » Thu December 1st, 2016, 1:51 pm

I call that the reverse chokeslam. Fuck that guy. He did it once, then tried again and I told him to not touch me, then I had too much alcohol in me to even bother with his 3rd attempt. Also, yeah--hot and steamy in there, that one little fan by the entrance did nothing.

elatihc

Post by elatihc » Thu December 1st, 2016, 7:14 pm

crap. wish this had been a different night. :cry:

zla vydra

Post by zla vydra » Thu December 1st, 2016, 7:24 pm

melkor wrote:yeah the sound definitely wasn't bad as some of the sets I've seen at the old place, but neither was it as good as some of the better sounding nights, and you can tell the space could sound better with some additional time and money. we'll see. also, fj was too loud.

helstar fuckin ruled. made me wish I listened to them more, because their performance was tight and enthralling. fj was sounding good, too, but I started petering out and left after about 1.5 hours. good show overall. tmania totally slammed the shit outta this drunk white polo wearing douche that was tying to cozy up to him. laughs were had!
Thought polo shirt guy was one of you guys. :D first time seeing flotsam, and they didn't disappoint. The axe came down...

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Fri December 2nd, 2016, 1:39 pm

Dropped by the new spot today to pick up some BOGO Mayhem tickets. One thing that became apparent, that didn't occur to me with this low-turnout show, is that getting out of that deck is going to SUCK when there's a good crowd. Leaving the deck at noon with maybe 12 cars ahead of me took a solid 5-7 minutes. Can't imagine what it'll be like with hundreds. +1 for MARTA.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Fri December 2nd, 2016, 2:23 pm

Brian wrote:Dropped by the new spot today to pick up some BOGO Mayhem tickets. One thing that became apparent, that didn't occur to me with this low-turnout show, is that getting out of that deck is going to SUCK when there's a good crowd. Leaving the deck at noon with maybe 12 cars ahead of me took a solid 5-7 minutes. Can't imagine what it'll be like with hundreds. +1 for MARTA.
yeah i was reading somewhere else somebody complaining about the exit line being ridiculous right after a show ended... hopefully something gets done, like staffing attendants. we'll see